Monday, November 22, 2010

The Naming of the Shrew


Some of you might have noticed that this blog has been having different names during the course of the last few days. It remained one for a long time before the utter pretentiousness of the title finally bore into me. Naming it something which was not at all true began to gall me as it should any sensible person. Neither were the posts random, nor were they rants (hopefully), nor was/am I raving, nor am I in any way a good story-teller (yes that is what raconteur means FYI). I actually thought that the title was rather cool back then. But I guess I have matured with time. Then I had an intermediate title which meant “Tale of Damodaran, Speak friend and enter”, but then it was a shameless rip-off from a master, whom I venerated beyond everyone and therefore felt that it was an insult to him, to name something so vulgar from one of his great works. That had to change and it did. I guess the spate of name changing has shown how clueless I am. I guess for the time being at least, for the near foreseeable future at least, till I mature even more and realise how bad the title is at least, the blog is going to be titled “Who am I kidding?”. 

Of course as Shakespeare said and many other idiots including me repeated, "A rose by any other name would smell as sweet". So if you have enjoyed reading even one post of mine, please continue visiting as only the name has changed, the author is still the same. On the other hand, if you have not enjoyed even a single post, hell who knows a name change might have been all that is needed. Numerology might indeed be true!!!

So please continue visiting and commenting.

Toodles

2 comments:

Unknown said...

jobless? :)

The Analyst said...

Maybe I should change mine too, doesn't probably match with my content nice title btw