Monday, July 6, 2009

Back with a Bang

Long time no see!!! Retirement? No, rather a self-prescribed break from the hectic blogosphere. Another fact was that it was a rather uneventful week. The usual stuff - got bored to death, missing my parents and my little sis, reading books etc. I was supposed to be studying about telephones last week. But who cares about stupid phones. Me and the person who was in charge of me, ended up discussing everything else but phones! I am really interested in the origin of everything. So we also talked about the origin of the different religious practices. My grandma, an authority on the subject is my source of information, and I always pester her about it. It is fascinating to know that most of the practices in fact, have very scientific reasons. Hence it is really sad to see the constant conflict between the religious and scientific leaders when both are just different paths to reach the same truth.
Two roads diverged in a yellow wood....
Science in a nutshell is to study nature, so is religion. Though my knowledge about both is insignificant, I think that in the end both religion and science are about harmonizing with nature. The true power about a man in harmony with nature was demonstrated by a scientist-turned-preacher from I-don't-know-where. He could pass almost a million volts of electricity through his body with the only hurt coming due to the burn caused by the high voltage. The electricity did not hurt him because it was at the resonant frequency of his body. This is similar to the concept that I mentioned in one of my previous blog about the nature of magic, about being in peace with oneself. I know, I have a tendency to drift to HP at the least given chance. But HP aside, the concept is truly fantastic- about being in harmony with nature. Aha, I have got a chance to do just that, let me attend Nature's Call.
Thats all Folks
Toodles

1 comment:

Arun said...

The man who is in perfect peace with the nature is the ultimate human being. Its something few can dream of, let alone achieve.

As about science and religion, I would quote Einstein- 'Science without Religion Is Lame, Religion without Science Is Blind'. May the yellow woods conspire to join the roads again. Amen.