Monday, June 13, 2011

What??? Next week???

...and behold, out of the blue, The Call comes.

I was calmly sleeping my holidays out when suddenly I was woken by someone saying Tejas is calling. What Tejas, I ask. The company that will eventually employ you, replies the person and I finally realise that it is me mum who woke me. A short conversation later, I realised that I have been asked to drag my lazy self to Bengaluru or Bangaluru or whatever by 20th June. Ohk... but that is like only a week away. And though one of my friends seems to own IRCTC (I am looking at you Amar), even he will find it difficult to get tickets at such short notice. But then they tell me to fly there. And I agree. And the tickets are booked for 19th June. And Bam! I am leaving home.

So after all my drivel about the holidays stretching like for eternity, it has come to a rather quick end. As I write this, it is finally sinking in that I am less than a week away from flying away. And like the fledgling that flies away when it finds its wings, I am flying away too. After a fantastic 17 years at home and school and an unbelievable 4 years for the first time away from home, I am going in search of my life. The nest remains open for me and come back I will whenever I can.

 Come 19th and I am finally on the road. Not in the way we use it in Malayalam! But more nicely:). This is a nice time to borrow from a master. As He said so will I:
The Road goes ever on and on
Down from the door where it began.
Now far ahead the Road has gone,
And I must follow, if I can,
Pursuing it with eager feet,
Until it joins some larger way
Where many paths and errands meet.
And whither then? I cannot say. 
Hope my journey on it is as enjoyable as my journey leading up to it. My next post will most probably be as "R&D engineer at Tejas Networks", so there!

Till we meet again...
Toodles

4 comments:

Kichu said...

all the best da...

Rohil said...

welcome damukutta !!
we'll ensure that u enjoy ur stay out here in Blore :-)..

Arun said...

Ah, that was a real bolt from the blue. Good luck for your new life anna. As an independent earning bespectacled fast-balding uncle.

DAMU said...

Thank you everyone :)
@Arun: That is dangerously close to the truth!!!