Friday, June 3, 2011

In Limbo

The past week has been one in which I have been unbelievably unproductive even by my own standards. Most of the days have been spent sleeping or playing FIFA and the most strenuous activity that I have been participating in is engaging in shouting matches with my sister. Usually I read books when I am free, but these days I am not even doing that. I began a book about Vedanta, maybe influenced by the Upanayanam ceremony I recently had but haven't got ahead too much with that. I begin to do crosswords but stop after a point losing my patience. I drew a few pictures but got bored of that too. I tried making quiz questions, reading the newspaper, reading Wikipedia, reading the status updates on Facebook, reading the Buzz updates, searching for updates about Liverpool, listening to music and even attempted to learn to make Sambhar :). But none of these are helping me while my time. Except for the sambhar part, I used to do the others for the last 4 years and those 4 years passed even before I blinked my eye so why am I finding it so hard to do those things now?
I have by now mentioned most of my friends so many times that my family know about them very much. So the next time we meet, my family may ask Achumama about cars, Ubuntu about IRCTC, Shakku about the rates of soda and kadala, Gman about TI, Firdu about Karikku, Varma about desp kavithas, Mannan about his latest acquirements, BJ about animes, Jay about Synopsis, Ku about Bombay and on and on and on. Missing everyone a lot. Can't wait to see you people.
So back I go to what I was trying to do, which is to not die of boredom and hostel-sickness :)

2 comments:

Firdous said...

unable to finish a book?? that sounds very un-damu-ish!
however, persevere in trying to master the making of sambhar and other delicacies ... aavashyam varum!:)

ashwinhari said...

"I used to do the others for the last 4 years and those 4 years passed even before I blinked my eye so why am I finding it so hard to do those things now?"

ans: HOSTEL